The following committees are required according to The Registered Dietitians Act to ensure the quality of dietetic practice for all Manitobans.
Board of Assessors
- Considers applicants for registration, including Internationally Educated Dietitians, to determine if applicants are eligible to practice dietetics in the province of Manitoba
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Council on matters pertaining to dietetic education programs
- Reviews written complaints sent to the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College) regarding the conduct of members and/or former members.
- Meets as often as required to determine whether to investigate the complaint and decide the most appropriate course of action.
- Refers the matter of the complaint or conduct of the member to an Inquiry Committee
- Selects panels of Inquiry Committee members to hold hearings and make disciplinary decisions about the conduct of investigated members
Council establishes these committees to help the College perform its activities. The Registered Dietitians Act does not mandate them.
Professional Standards Committee
- Reviews and makes recommendations to Council on standards of practice to enhance the quality of practice and reduce incompetent, impaired or unethical practice among Registered Dietitians
- Reviews and make recommendations on the development of practice directions
- Provides feedback on scope of practice issues
- Recruits nominees for the Council and prepares a slate for the upcoming College year
- Reviews and updates Governance policies of the College
Continuing Competence Committee: Screening and Audit
- Provides support to the Continuing Competence Program for all practising Dietitians in Manitoba
- Participates in monitoring the Continuing Competence Program through screening and audit procedures