Step 1: IED Application

Criminal Record Checks

You must complete criminal record checks and provide original copies of your criminal record check certificates with your IEP Application. The College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College) will photocopy the certificates and return them to you by mail.


The criminal record check certificates must NOT be older than six months.

If you have been in Canada for one year or more:

  1. Contact your local Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) or the Winnipeg Police Service and provide a criminal record check with:
    • Vulnerable sector check

Please be aware that only original documents are acceptable for application for registration with the College.  If you order your criminal record check online from the Winnipeg Police Service, you must choose the College of Dietitians of Manitoba as the receiving agency to allow the College to receive the document directly in its official form.  Otherwise, the document that is available for you to print out will be stamped with the word “VOID” and is not acceptable to the College.

  1. Contact the Government of Manitoba to provide the following checks:
    • Adult abuse registry check; and
    • Child abuse registry check

If you have been in Canada for less than one year:

  1. Contact the appropriate law enforcement agency in the country that you have immigrated from
  2. Provide a criminal record check based on a nationwide search
Process Overview
Understand the registration process.
Learn More
Time & Costs
Find out the time and costs to register.
Learn More
Task 1: Self-Assessment
Start here before you begin the registration process.
Learn More