It is important that all health professionals have an understanding of jurisprudence: the laws and standards that relate to their practice. Many health regulatory colleges have jurisprudence programs to provide education for their registrants and help ensure that they practice within the boundaries of the law. The College of Dietitians has collaborated with several other health regulators in Manitoba to develop shared jurisprudence learning modules. These learning modules are a mandatory component of the CC program and any required modules must be completed by January 31.
INSTRUCTIONS: (Note: the module is viewed best on a desktop, laptop or tablet)
- Login to the CDM website.
- Click on “My Jurisprudence”.
- Click on “Play”.
- Click “next” (desktop/laptop) or the right arrow (tablet) to advance to the next slide, once the narration is complete.
- You may go back to review information again and then fast forward through the slides that have already been viewed.
A few tips about the module:
- It will take approximately 1½ to 2 hours to go through all the information in the module.
- You may start and stop at your convenience, however, you must use the same device in order to resume where you left off.
- The quiz at the end must be completed.
- A certificate of completion will be displayed once you have completed the quiz. Please keep a printed copy or screenshot of this certificate for your own records. You are NOT required to send this to the College, unless requested.
- The College will be able to track completion of the module.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the certificate of completion and the records of the College, the College records will stand.