Practice directions describe practices recommended by the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College) as part of ensuring excellence in dietetic practice for the nutritional health of Manitobans.
- Are intended to be useful resources to Dietitians and supplement legislation and publications, including The Registered Dietitians Act and Regulations, By-laws, Code of Ethics
- Do not supersede CDM publications and legislation including the Registered Dietitians Act and Regulations, By-laws, Code of Ethics
- Are not intended to be comprehensive or exhaustive rather to provide guidance to select issues affecting daily practice
- Include reference to appropriate legislation and/or Code of Ethics
Dietitians employed in a facility are responsible for adhering to facility policies and procedures as well as the College practice guidelines.
Duty To Report
Documentation and Records Retention
Advertising, Sales, Testimonials And Incentives
Protection of Personal Health Information In Electronic Format
Boundaries of Therapeutic Relationships
Dysphagia Assessment And Management By RDs
* Appendix: Competencies for Dysphagia Assessment & Management in Dietetic Practice
Ordering Lab Tests – Critical Values
Storage Requirements For Planned And Unplanned Closure Of Practice
Responsibilities Of Custodian Of Health Records