As regulated health professionals, Dietitians are registered members of the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College). Registration categories are:
- A student who meets the academic requirements of the College
- Is enrolled in a Canadian accredited internship/practicum program
- Is supervised by a Registered Dietitian
- Has completed a Canadian accredited internship/practicum program
- Is waiting to write the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE)
- Has some restrictions on their licence to practise
- Has met the academic and internship requirements
- Has passed the CDRE
Dietitians are available through hospitals, access centres, and other community programs across Manitoba.
Dietitians in private practice provide services that may be covered by your private insurance company. Please check with your insurance company to determine if you have coverage.