To maintain your licence as a Graduate Dietitian and a Registered Dietitian, you must renew your licence by March 31 every year.
You must submit your completed Continuing Competence Program goals and activities by January 31 annually to receive approval of your submission before your membership renewal is due on March 31.
Every year, the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College) will email you the renewal instructions on the last Monday of January.
The renewal instructions include:
- Registration login information for:
- Renewal section of the website (online profile, legal activity, payment, and accessing your official receipt and registration card)
- Your password for Registration Renewal is different than your member login for the College website.
- How to complete the renewal
- Office hours during the renewal period
Once you have completed your renewal:
- You will receive an email from the College confirming that your renewal of registration has been approved
- You can then download your official receipt and membership card using the same login information as the renewal process. Click on ‘Membership Cards and Receipts’ to access these documents
The College does not provide rebates or refunds on registration fees. If you plan to begin maternity leave and/or are leaving the province, you are still required to pay for a full year of registration. However, pro-rated fees are available for those who are retiring. For more information, please contact the College.
If the College does NOT receive your complete registration by March 31, you are subject to a late fee of 35% of the registration fee. The complete registration includes:
- Updated profile on the College website
- Consent to the legal disclaimer, indicating whether you have liability insurance
- Approved continuing competence submission. Important: To receive approval of submission before March 31, you must have submitted your goals and activities by January 31.
Failure to Renew
If you fail to renew your registration within the required time, you will no longer be registered with the College and therefore can no longer practise dietetics in Manitoba and/or use the title Registered Dietitian, Dietitian, or Graduate Dietitian. It is unlawful and illegal to practice or use title without licence and registration. The College will also notify your employer.