To maintain your licence as a Graduate Dietitian or Registered Dietitian, you must renew your licence by March 31 every year. Renewal includes updating your online profile, legal declarations and payment of the registration fee.
If you do not wish to renew your licence, you must notify the registrar in writing of your intention to resign or retire to avoid having your licence suspended or revoked. Suspensions and revocation are indefinitely noted in your file and on the CDM database.
You must meet the Continuing Competence Program requirements by January 31 annually to receive approval of your submission before you can renew your registration by the March 31 deadline.
Once you have an approved CC submission, you will receive an email from the College confirming that you can now complete your registration renewal and instructions on how to do so.
The renewal instructions will include:
- Registration login information
- Your password for the Registration Renewal portal is different than your member login for the College website.
- How to complete the renewal
- How to access your certificate of registration and official receipt
- Office hours during the renewal period
Once your registration has been received and processed, the College will send you an email confirming your registration. You can then download your certificate of registration and official receipt from the registration portal.
The College does not provide rebates or refunds on registration fees. If you plan to begin maternity leave and/or are leaving the province, you are still required to pay for a full year of registration.
If the College does NOT receive your complete registration by March 31, you are subject to a late fee of 35% of the registration fee. The complete registration includes:
- Updated profile on the College website
- Consent to the legal disclaimer, indicating whether you have liability insurance
- Approved continuing competence submission. Important: To receive approval of submission before March 31, you must meet the Continuing Competence Program requirements by January 31.
Failure to Renew
If you fail to renew your registration within the required time and you do not notify the registrar of your intention to resign or retire, your licence will be suspended or revoked. You will no longer be registered with the College and cannot use the title Registered Dietitian, Dietitian, or Graduate Dietitian. It is unlawful and illegal to use title without licence and registration. The College will also notify your employer.
If you wish to be reinstated, you must reapply and are subject to the registration requirements at the time of reapplication.