Categories & Process

Return To Practice

To become registered as a Registered Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College):

  1. Complete the Registration Application form (online or pdf)
    Register Online

    Registration Form – Return to Practice (PDF)

  2. Pay the application fee
  3. Pay the registration fee
  4. Gather your required documents:
    • Copy of your current resume
    • Official transcripts sent directly from the University OR transcripts sealed in an envelope, including the university seal and signature on the envelope
      Note: If you were registered with the College within seven years of application, the College may have your official documents.
    • Original letter sent directly from your internship director stating that you have successfully completed internship
    • Official pass results of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE)
    • Original criminal record checks, adult and child abuse registry checks. All checks must be completed within six months of application
    • Proof of identity and current legal name, such as a passport or drivers licence
    • If you have completed any professional development activities while you were NOT registered with a regulatory body, please complete:
      Continuing Education Summary Form.pdf
    • Pay the application fee
    • Pay the assessment fee
    • Submit your application package (above items) to the College


The College will contact you by mail within eight weeks to inform you of your application results. Possible outcomes are:

  1. The College has registered you as a Registered Dietitian
    As a Registered Dietitian, you must fulfill the responsibilities of all registered members, including:

  2. You require academic upgrading
    If the College reviews your application and determines that you require academic upgrading, the College will instruct you to complete specific courses:

    • Your academic institution will send your transcripts to the College
    • The College will contact you by mail to inform you of the results

    Prior work experience in lieu of upgrading is not acceptable.

    If your academic upgrade is unsuccessful, the College will advise you on actions you can take to become eligible for registration.

  3. You must complete a practicum assessment
    A practicum assessment requires you to work under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian who will evaluate your competence to practise at an entry level. The College works in conjunction with the Manitoba Partnership Program through the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority to deliver this assessment. It is NOT an internship/practical training program.The College will provide these details about your practicum assessment:

    • The length required (hours and weeks)
    • The start date
    • The location
    • The name of your supervisor

All fees charged for the practicum assessment are the responsibility of the applicant.

Learn more > Time & Costs

Continuing Competence
Learn how to verify your activities.
Learn More
Get answers to your questions about Continuing Competence.
Learn More
Professional Liability Insurance
Find ways to obtain insurance.
Learn More