Categories & Process

Graduate Dietitian

A Graduate Dietitian licence allows you to work in the capacity of a dietitian, with conditions, and is required to write the next Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination. 

To register as a Graduate Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College):

  1. Complete the Graduate Dietitian Application Form (online or pdf)
    Register Online Graduate Dietitian Application (pdf)
  2. Pay the application fee (if not previously registered with CDM)
  3. Pay the registration fee
  4. Complete the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) Application Form (online on pdf)
    Register Online CDRE Application Form
  5. Pay the exam fee
  6. Gather your required documents (See below)
  7. The deadline for both the Graduate Dietitian and CDRE application is July 24, 2023.

If you have graduated from the Manitoba Program Partnership for Dietetic Education (MPP), the College requires the following documentation:

  • Copy of your current resume submitted electronically
  • Original letter from MPP stating that you have successfully completed the dietetic internship program
  • Registration fee. Registration fees for graduate dietitians are determined based on the month of registration. Details > Time & Costs

If you have NOT graduated from the MPP Program, the College requires the following:

  • Copy of your current resume
  • Original criminal record checks with vulnerable sector check, adult and child abuse registry checks. All checks must be completed within six months of application.  Please be aware that only original documents are acceptable for application for registration with the College.
    • If you reside in Winnipeg, you can order your criminal record checks online from the Winnipeg Police Service, you must choose the College of Dietitians of Manitoba as the receiving agency to allow the College to receive the document directly in its official form.  Otherwise, the document that is available for you to print out will be stamped with the word “VOID” and is not acceptable to the College
    • If you don’t reside in Winnipeg, please contact your local police service
  • Official transcripts sent directly from the University OR transcripts sealed in an envelope, including the university seal and signature on the envelope
  • Copy of your certificate of graduation
  • Proof of identity and current legal name, such as a copy of your passport or drivers licence
  • Original letter from your internship director, send directly to the College, verifying that you have completed an accredited internship program
  • Registration fee. Registration fees for Graduate Dietitians are determined based on the month of registration

Details > Time & Costs


You can work as a Graduate Dietitian (with conditions) while you wait to write the exam.
Your registration as a Graduate Dietitian is valid until you pass the exam.

Continuing Competence
Learn about the requirements of the Continuing Competence Program
Learn More
Get answers to your questions about Continuing Competence.
Learn More
Professional Liability Insurance
Find ways to obtain insurance.
Learn More