You must pass the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) to demonstrate that you have the minimal level of competence to practise as a Dietitian in Manitoba.
- You must pass the exam within four years of being registered as a Graduate Dietitian
- If you fail the exam, you may re-write it a second time
- If you fail the exam a second time, the College may instruct you to complete further education and training before writing the exam a third time
- You may attempt the exam no more than three times
Learn more > Time & Costs
Within six weeks of your exam date, the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College) will notify you by letter of your results.
If you pass the exam, the College of Dietitians of Manitoba will mail you a Certificate of Registration to confirm that you are a Registered Dietitian (RD). As an RD, you must fulfill the responsibilities of all registered members, including:
National examination committees are made up of provincial representatives who set the CDRE. Along with the other Canadian dietetic regulators, the College:
- Approves the examination blueprint
- Approves the policies and procedures for the administration of the examination
- Monitors examination results