Categories & Process

Internationally Educated Dietitian

  • Has received a dietetic education outside of Canada

Dietetic Intern

  • A student who meets the academic requirements of the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (the College)
  • Is enrolled in an accredited internship/practicum program
  • May practise only under the direct supervision of a Registered Dietitian

Graduate Dietitian

  • Has completed an accredited internship/practicum program or equivalent
  • Is waiting to write the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE)
  • Has some restrictions on their licence to practise

Registered Dietitian

  • Has met the academic and internship requirements
  • Has passed the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE)

Registered With Other Canadian Regulator

If you are fully registered as a dietitian in good standing with another Canadian dietetic regulatory body:

  • You can register with the College without having your dietetic education and practical training assessed
  • You will be subject to the registration requirements
  • You may apply to the College for either full registration or for temporary practice registration:
    • Full registration is required if you are physically relocating to Manitoba and wish to provide dietetic services to residents of Manitoba and are not fully registered in another Canadian province
    • Temporary practice registration is available to those who are fully registered in good standing with another Canadian province and wish to provide dietetic services either in person or virtually to residents of Manitoba for a specific purpose and duration.  It is available on a monthly basis from one to six months and is renewable for a maximum of six months.  Registrants on the temporary practice register are not required to participate in the CDM CC Program provided they remain fully registered in another Canadian province

Return to Practice

  • Previously registered with CDM
  • If you have NOT been practising and/or completed education and training three or more years before the date of application, you may be required to undergo upgrading, which may include successful completion of the CDRE
Continuing Competence
Learn about the requirements of the Continuing Competence Program
Learn More
Get answers to your questions about Continuing Competence.
Learn More
Professional Liability Insurance
Find ways to obtain insurance.
Learn More