It is important that all health professionals have an understanding of jurisprudence: the laws and standards that relate to their practice. Many health regulatory colleges have jurisprudence programs to provide education for their registrants and help ensure that they practice within the boundaries of the law. The College of Dietitians has collaborated with several other health regulators in Manitoba to develop shared jurisprudence learning modules. These learning modules are a mandatory component of the CC program and any required modules must be completed by January 31.
INSTRUCTIONS: (Note: the module is viewed best on a desktop, laptop or tablet)
- Login to the CDM website.
- Click on “My Jurisprudence”.
- Select the module that requires completion.
- Click “Next” (desktop/laptop) or the right arrow (tablet) to advance to the next slide, once the narration is complete.
- You may go back to review information again but will have to let the narration complete to advance to the next slide. If you would like to keep information for future reference, CDM recommends that you take a screen shot.
A few tips about the module:
- Ensure that the web browser you are using is up to date, turn off tracking permissions and disable pop up blockers.
- It will take approximately 1½ to 2 hours to complete a module.
- You may start and stop at your convenience, however, you must use the same device in order to resume where you left off.
- The College is not able to view your responses to any of the learning activities within in modules.
- The quiz at the end must be completed. Your score will not be reported to the College.
- A certificate of completion will be displayed once you have completed the quiz. Please keep a printed copy or screenshot of this certificate for your own records, however you are NOT required to send this to the College, unless requested.
- The College will be able to track completion of the module.
- Once the module has been completed, COMPLETED will be displayed on your My Jurisprudence home page. If COMPLETED is NOT displayed, please contact the College.